Sunday, September 12, 2010

80's music videos...

are wacky.
I've just spent the last hour trying to find one that I genuinely like. We were given the simple assignment of finding an 80's music video that we like, to share with the class in our next meeting. You'd think that would be easy enough with YouTube and google. Go ahead and search 80's music videos. See if there are any you really, genuinely like. And could then talk about to a class explaining WHY you like it, regarding concept, treatment, performance, and style... As we've put it in class, 80's videos are, "shiny." I landed on Paula Abdul's, "Straight Up," from 1988. Check it out.

Anyway. This is a filler post since I meant to write about our trip yesterday to Wicklow. It was gorgeous. Here's a photo to hold up the blog until the full report tomorrow...

1 comment:

  1. Hannah, 80's music videos ARE MY THING!!! We must discuss them in great detail at some point.
    Here are my top 5:
    1) A-Ha - Take On Me (This was the video to end all videos)
    2) Men WIthout Hats- Safety Dance (I laughed, I cried, and there were midgets).
    3) Falco- Rock Me Amadeus (This one broke the budget in wigs alone)
    4) Michael Jackson- Beat It (Interestingly enough this is my first American artist)
    5) The Cars- You Might Think (80's special effects at their high point)

    Do you remember when we watched Madonna's Like A Prayer in class?

    ReplyDelete