Since I've been gone from online updates - I've made some videos, welcomed my family to the Emerald Isle, traveled through Europe, shot some gigs, and began production on official music videos for a handful of Irish bands.
Having my family here was a blast. Although I'm a bit jealous... they saw more of Ireland in one week than I've seen all semester. I've enjoyed seeing pictures of the countryside from their golfing adventures. But while they were in Dublin, it was great to show them around all my favorite places in the city. Thanks for coming Ma, Faj, & Brother, Sharon & Scott! (Arel... you were seriously missed)

I also ditched the fam for a day to shoot the HotPress Music show. Our class was asked to cover the show, which was kind of like a big trade show for music equipment, workshops with artists, and concerts going on throughout the day. It was a new experience to shoot a live event, and of course we all felt pretty kick ass with our Crew passes, shooting the performances from the press section up front. Some of the bands performing were those who submitted to the music video competition, so it was cool to be able to hear them live while we were still in the decision process.
Midterm break was awesome. I got to travel to Copenhagen to visit with Tess for a weekend. Nothing beats seeing the world with a best girlfriend.
KøBENHAVEN: Newhaven, Armeilinborg, Christiansborg, Fredericks Kirke, Christiania, Church of our Savior, Stroget street.
I also got to celebrate my Middlebury teammate's birthday! Steph and I took a photo for coach. Missy - look how strong we are!

Next I hit Rome with one of my NYU buddies, Erica.
ROMA: Colosseum, Forum, run along the Fiume Tevere, Vatican & St. Peters, Piazza Navona, Campo de Fiori, San Maria Maggiore, Spanish Steps, Pizza del Popolo, Borgehese, Trevi Fountain, Pantheon, Piazza Venezia, lots of pasta and pizza.
From there, I reconvened with Tess in Amsterdam before heading back to Dublin.

AMSTERDAM: Rijksmuseum, Anne Frank House, Van Gogh museum, Red Light District, Heineken Experience
Copenhagen - loved.
Rome - Amazing. Colossal. so much art history. I dragged Erica to all the biggies!
Amsterdam - eh. My postcard to mom said "No need to come here." Although Van Gogh was cool. And Anne Frank. A number of people have referred to Amsterdam as "charming," but apparently you have to travel a bit outside the city center to see that part. We didn't make it that far.
No comments:
Post a Comment