Monday, October 25, 2010

Artificial Light

The prompt for our third video assignment was "artificial light." Beyond that, it could be anything. But our teacher is pushing us to create videos that have a sense of spectacle - images that stand alone, that are worthy of being seen as single images without context or a linear story. For my project, I tried to use an artificial lighting set up that would blow out my subject's faces and skin, creating the look that was influenced by Vogue in music videos of the 80's. Erica, Anna, and I created a studio set-up in our classroom, and I shot a kind of portrait... different from my previous portrait.

This edit is not finished... but will remain as is until I find time to continue cutting. My teacher has recommended I use this project as an opportunity to try cutting a sequence about ten different times... Some changes will mean completely eliminating certain shots, while some changes might be so slight they would only be noticeable to me, but will make a difference to the cleanliness of the final product.

My classmates from the screenwriting class, Mike and Joe, were my subjects.
Enjoy!

Artificial Light - rough cut from Hannah Epstein on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment